Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update on "Q"-Tip

Susie is really doing well. Ate breakfast like it was her job. As long as she is on steroids I am not going to get in front of her fork! She is very sharp mentally, but still has a hard time keeping her eyes open for an extended time. Even though she is likely to be moved into a regular room later today, I am asking that anyone who is not her immediate family not come to visit her yet. She really likes keeping her eyes closed and resting/sleeping. I want to give her what is best for her recovery -- I'm sure our friends understand.

The doctor still thinks she will be able to go home on Saturday. I just occurred to me that my Mom was probably in this hospital for a longer stay when she gave birth to me in 1955 than Susie will be for having brain surgery...remarkable.

Love,
Scott

5 comments:

jen cox said...

That's so awesome--praise God! Thanks so much for being willing to share your story so openly. You're all in my thoughts & prayers.

Anonymous said...

wow that is amazazing!! it is so good to hear that. It's amazing how God works. His gratefulness and his love endures forever. We should never fear for God is always there.

"I have told you this so that you will find peace in me. In this world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have conquered the world."

John 16:33

Anonymous said...

Oh Scotty, you make me laugh!

No visitors?! Dang! We were planning on coming down tonight with a box of wine and Twister! So, like, we'll have to wait a couple of days?

Mary McDaniel said...

We've been praying for you and will continue to pray for you daily...We are so grateful to the Lord that you are doing so well. We love each of you and are thankful you are in the body of Christ.
Mary and Mark

flip said...

I am so glad to hear Susie is doing well. we are continuing the prayer vigil from orlando florida
love,
flip