Monday, December 15, 2008

Quick Update, Test Results Coming

Last night, my mom woke up twice in the middle of the night with her eyes moving rapidly back and forth. Finally, this afternoon, she was asked to go into the hospital for a CT scan to make sure there was no new growth in her brain, etc. She has just been allowed to lower her dosage of the steroids and was warned that some symptoms of the swelling may occur. So, we are praying that these symptoms are in fact JUST the swelling again and nothing of a more serious nature.

After the scan, I took her to Starbucks (our favorite hang out) while Dad and Josh went to the grocery. As we sat there, she suddenly froze up, eyes shifting between me and the wall. I was asking her questions but she couldn't respond, so I grabbed her hand and she was very warm. I continued to ask her questions and try to her her attention, asking her if she wanted to go out to the car, and she still couldn't respond. It was so scary! I was debating whether to call an ambulance (while the rest of Starbucks continued chatting around us, like in a scary movie), and after a VERY long two minutes or so, she snapped back and we sat there while she recovered.

I don't know what that was a symptom of, but between seeing that and now waiting for the scan results, I am very unsettled. Please join with us in prayer that this was just some swelling of her brain and nothing more serious -- it was a very disappointing and scary little setback after such a great week.

Though my emotions are great right now, I continue to trust that God "knows the plans he has for my family and me, plans that will prosper us and not harm us, plans that will give us a hope and future." Lord, help me to rest in that promise right now.

Molly

No comments: