Monday, March 16, 2009

Q Going Home!

So my dad just called me and said that Mom can be picked up from the hospital now!! We all are so thrilled, especially my mom, because she just wants to go be at her HOME. We expect that she will be home for at least two weeks before they would decide to do another round of treatment, though I can tell you that none of us are looking forward to that again. My dad was right, and even "nice," in describing this last week for us. It was...the opposite of heaven. Really. It was so hard on all of us to see my mom so very sick. We all are tired from this rollercoaster of emotion, but we will certainly take two weeks of "up." Please pray with us that this break will give my mom strength, relaxation, great time with family (and maybe even some friends?), and a renewed sense of God's deep love and care for her now that she is off most medications and has a clearer mind.

This journey has been so hard. So hard. But God has been tenderly teaching me about just how deep his love is for us. Oh, how he loves us! I praise him that I am even able to FEEL that during this deep valley in our lives. Just this weekend, I was reminded of the promise that "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." (John 10:28) Wow.

He holds and protects ALL of us in the center of his hand.

Molly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear McCracken Family,

So wonderful to hear that Susie is coming home. Thanks be to God for family, comforts of home and the beautiful sunshine!

I am praying for a blessed and restful time for all of you.

In Christ, Amy

Katie (Umbaugh) Aschliman said...

Thanks for sharing Molls. I was just praying for ya'll this morning and am praising God for your mom's return home.

Continuing to pray for joy, rest, and peace in these 2 weeks.

love you!

Katie