Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Podcasts from Q's Funeral

In light of the number of requests we've had for a recording of Susie's funeral, we have posted links to podcasts of some of the things said from up front that day. They are to the right, above Susie's picture. The links are tied to our church's website. Unfortunately, we cannot post any of the music or the girl's singing due to copyright laws. We also posted a link to the slideshow pictures of Susie.

Again, I cannnot adequately express to the hundreds of people (all of you) who have shown their love for Q and our family throughout the many months of Susie's illness, surgeries, and visitation and funeral, and yes, even now. Without the heartfelt caring of so many this most difficult of times would have been harder. I find myself wanting to sit across from each of you to tell you how much your generosity of love and caring has meant to me and my daughters, but that task is just too large. Honestly, much of life seems too large right now. I know over time things will get easier. Some parts will never be easy, but certainly easier.

One of the things I have shared with friends during Q's cancer is that I don't want to miss a thing that God wants me to learn during this difficult chapter of life. My prayer is similar for you. If there has been a thought, a sensing, a realization, a "I really should..." kind of moment for you as you've thought about your life while seeing Susie's and ours, then do not let that gift slip away into the busyness of your life. Do something with it - don't waste it. Act.

We would be grateful for your prayers as the girls and I adjust to life without Susie and look ahead to what God has for us as a family.


I love you,

Scott

2 comments:

Angela Schabo said...

Oh, how you love Jesus. Thank you so much for sharing the podcast. Love to you all.

mediakath said...

Scott, you have wonderful girls and God has given you those great relationships; I believe this is part of the legacy that Suzie leaves you...you have her x 4 with those girls! They have relationships with each other and with you and the mathematical function of all those groups and pairings is just mind-boggling! Just take one day at a time and deal with what you can that day. It will get easier eventually, but don't worry about that part.