Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving thanks

I have so much to be thankful for this season. Surgery as been scheduled for Dec 3rd at 12:30 pm at Methodist Hospital. My surgeons are two of the best neurosurgeons in the state. The swelling from the tumor seems to be going away with the steroids I'm taking, this has to happen in order to do the surgery. My family from KS came to visit this weekend and we had a wonderful time together laughing playing cards and just being together. I've never experienced such an outpouring of care, love and concern from so many friends asking what they can do to help. Our church has been so amazing I don't know what to say.

Scott's mother is dying soon from cancer herself. It could be anyday. These same wonderful people who are reaching out to us are also reaching out the same incredible way to the entire McCracken family.

Thank you God for loving us so much that your love is being poured out to us abunduntly. How do people get through these difficult times without their faith, friends and family?

As you sit down to your Thanksgiving dinner this year look around at the people you love and tell them all how much they mean to you. You never knbow what tomorrow will bring.

Susie

5 comments:

Katie (Umbaugh) Aschliman said...

praying for you daily

love,
Katie

Terry Maloney said...

Susie, you are such an awesome child of God, woman, wife, mom, friend, mentor, "techy," and the list goes on and on. I am praying for you and wishing you all the best that our heavenly father has to offer. I am so thankful that you are experiencing God's love for you thru His family and yours.

Love you,

Terry

Brian&Kim said...

Susie - we are praying for you and your family. Please know that we love you and are lifting you up daily. We had special prayer for you in our last choir rehearsal at church and those friends will be praying for you as well.

Love you guys -

Brian & Kim

Anonymous said...

I love you all so much. I hope you feel the love that is all around each of you as the body of Christ lifts you in prayer constantly.

Julie said...

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt...again you will go out and dance with the joyful." Jer. 31:3-4
My words are inadequate, yet God's Word is completely adequate, ministering to our deepest needs. I am calling upon God to bring His healing power to your body, His peace that passes all understanding to your mind, and his neverending love to your seeking heart.
Thank YOU for being God's hands and heart in our lives.
Julie Pappas